With roughly one month to go before the three-hour season premier of Heroes Season 3 on NBC, I gather up and spit out to you what is currently known, rumors included, about the upcoming third season. Beware, it’s spoiler heavy.Â
- Season 3, as far as we know will consist of two volumes, volume one is titled “Villains” and volume two will be called “Fugitives.” Fugitives, according to Tim Kring, will make up the last 12 episodes of the season.Â
- According to the season 3 trailer, a few villains have already been revealed. These include: Sylar (duh), Adam Monroe (How does he escape the coffin Hiro left him in), Daphne Millbrook (speedster), Echo DeMilleÂ (sound manipulating mailman) and a bald pyrokinetic.
The last two of these villains are currently incarcerated in Level 5.Â
- A bunch of season 3 spoilers also originated from this years Comic Con. Here they are as reported by EW.
- The action begins with a “future” Peter (Milo Ventimiglia) coming back to modern day in an effort to shoot Nathan (Adrian Pasdar) before he exposes their secret powers to the world.Â
- Matt (Greg Grunberg) discovers future-Peter’s real identity â€” but is banished into the middle of nowhere before he can do anything about it.Â
- Mohinder (Sendhil Ramamurthy) finally isolates Maya’s (Dania Ramirez) powers in chemical form, and uses a syringe to inject himself with the magic elixir rather than give the girl what she wants â€” freedom from the hell of her super-human affliction.
- Sylar (Zachary Quinto) traps Claire (Hayden Panettiere) in her house and literally rips open her head to steal her thoughts and ability to defy death, while…
- Hiro (Masi Oki) disobeys his dead father’s command and opens up the office safe that holds part of a formula that, if completed, could destroy the world. Of course, it’s confiscated within seconds by a mysterious, time-traveling blonde.Â
- There are also brief appearances by Niki (Ali Larter) â€” now looking professional and dating (or married to?) an older man â€” as well as Noah (Jack Coleman), who’s locked up in an inescapable prison cell. Oh, and keep an eye out for a new animated image (painting?) that look likes the Earth is cracking in half.
- And did we say a newly powered-up Mohinder gets to finally kick some ass?Â
- Spoiler Geeks also listed the following rumors on their spoiler blog
- A Japanese woman is thought to play a role in Ando’s life.
- Nikki, after her apparent death in Season 2 will be replaced by one of her alter egos.
- Nathan will be back even though he was shot.
- An Officer Warren will be Monica (Micah’s cousin) love interest in New Orleans.
- Knox is the name of one of the new villains as will be acted by Jamie Hector (The Wire, Law & Order: SVU, Jericho). Here’s what the actor had toÂ sayÂ about his role on Heroes:Â “My characterâ€™s name on Heroes is Benjamin â€œKnoxâ€ Washington. I canâ€™t really disclose much about him, but I can tell you itâ€™s a lot of fun. So many special effects â€” and it all winds up looking so real.” – Jamie Hector
- And finally, casting news regarding season 3:
- Jessical Collins will join the cast as “Sophie”, and whose character is described by The Hollywood Reported as â€œa mysterious woman with powers who works at the organization that is tracking all heroes.â€
- Former West Wing actor, Richard Schiff, will play an unnamed character who will have an impact on Mohinder (Mohinder is easily swayed).
- And finally, Wynn Everett, who recently starred in Charlie Wilson’s War, will play the villain with Flash-esque speed, “Joy.”
There are a lot of things to be excited about regarding the upcoming season of Hereos, my friends. I hope that Heroes Season 3 will build on what was done in Season 2 and be as good as Season 1. What are you looking forward to in Season 3? What rumors do you know about? Post them in the comments.