As the year comes to an end, I’d like to present to you 10 of my very own T-Shirt Top 10’s from 2009. You should note that the T-Shirts posted here are listed in no particular order and are heavily based on tees that I’ve blogged about here in the past year. 2009 was an amazing year for T-Shirts and I can’t wait to see what 2010 has in store for us all. What were your top 10 tees of 2009?
*Once Again, the lists are presented in no particular order.
Top 10 T-Shirts of 2009
There were a billion T-Shirts released in 2009 but only a few really great ones. The following 10 tees are my picks for the Top 10 tees of 2009. I own 5 of the 10 tees here and let’s just say they are on regular rotation in my T-Shirt wardrobe. There are two tees on here just because of the sheer attention that they drew (Zombama Brains and Three Wolf Moon / Three Keyboard Cat Moon). The rest are here because I absolutely love their design.
1. Mecha-Labaw by csj89. csj89 took the big prize from Design By Humans, $10,000 big with his Mecha-Labaw design.
2. The Struggle by Miles To Go Clothing. The struggle from Miles to Go Clothing always impressed me – it truly is a piece of art.
3. Knuckle Collision by yonil (ShirtFight). Knuckle Collision was probably Shirtfight’s because seller of the year, I was sad to see them stop the contest portion of their site.
4. Powermitt by Johnny Cupcakes. Powermitt was my favorite Johnny Cupcakes tee of 2009 – Never Say Die came in a close second.
5. Zombama Brains by Pop-Monkey (Teefury). Zombama Brains from Teefury earned a spot on the list because of the controversy and interest it drew and for the fact that this was the first tee to outsell Shirt.Woot.
6. Filter Heroes by Chop Shop. Filter Heroes from our friends at the Chop Shop appeared on a ton of mainstream blogs – all photoshop power users should own this shirt.
7. Three Wolf Moon / Three Keyboard Cat Moon. I thought that the Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt belonged on here due to the sheer amount of interest it garnered. And I’ve clumped Three Keyboard Cat Moon with the Three Wolf Moon tee if only because it was the fastest shirt to go to print from Threadless. Although I’d never wear either the Three Wolf or Three Cat tee, I thought that they belong on the list by default.
8. The Gaming Revolution by Sean Mort (Threadless). The Gaming Revolution by Sean Mort is the second Threadless tee on the list and my absolute favorite Threadless tee of 2009, hands down.
9. Da Vinci’s Mario by Exploded Tees. And finally we have da Vinci’s Mario by Kevin Tong, the amazing illustration made this pick a no brainer. I continually referenced it, along with iSteamPhone, on Co-Tee TV throughout the year.
10. And Then I Woke Up… (Blue and White Colorway) by Ugmonk. Ugmonk made huge strides this year – and the ampersand heavy And Then I Woke Up Tee… played a huge part in their growth. It’s a classic.