And so SXSW Interactive comes to an end. And although I was not able to attend the festival this year, I was still able to shirt spot from the comfort of my leather chair here in lovely Honolulu, Hawaii. I hope to make it out to Austin one of these days for the SXSW festival, until then, enjoy these 14 shirts!
I surely hope that you enjoyed all of this SXSW shirt spotting because I sure did! What did you guys think of it? I obviously love tech and startup culture, should I start to infuse more of that into this blog? Let me know what you think! Now back to our regular programming….
*All photos belong to their respective owners.
Day 5 SXSW T-Shirt Sightings:
1. Alltop, photo by Jim @TechFrog Alden. Alltop tracks all of the best stories in every possible category that you can think of – even T-Shirts. By the way, did you know that my 101 Bacon List was recently feature on the Alltop blog, Holy Kaw?Â Visit Alltop.
2. AÂ Simple Plan, photo submitted by Neil Gregory. Not a day has gone by SXSW that I have not spotted a Threadless tee and day 45 is no different! Buy A Simple Plan from Threadless. Visit Threadless and Intel Blogs.
3. Chicken George, photo by Jim @TechFrog Alden. DJ Chicken George’s (CG) unique “Jazztronica” style of incorporating and fusing diverse genres of music has granted him several international appearances in Sweden, Paris, Amsterdam, Vancouver, the Middle East and across the U.S. Buy the DJ Chicken George shirt. Visit DJ Chicken George.
4. Outright, photo by Keith Burtis. Streamlining the work involved with working for yourself, Outright.com will help you pay the right taxes, simplify record keeping, and keep your business on track and growing.Â Visit Outright.
5. Obviously Pleased With Self, photo by Brianfit. Now that is a cool shirt being worn by Rod Begbie, senior software engineer and sheep herder at Slide, makers of the finest social networking gizmos and distractions. Buy Obviously Pleased With Self from The Feed Store. Visit Brian Fitzgerald’s site, Groovy Mother and Slide.
6. Wolf Parade, photo by adrants. Adrants provides marketing and advertising news. It provides insightful, informed, experiential, no holds barred commentary on the state of the advertising and media industries. Visit Wolf Parade and AdRants.
7. Rackspace Revolution, photo by Rackspace. Get Dedicated Server and Managed Server Hosting Services backed by 100% Network Uptime Guarantee & Fanatical support at Rackspace Hosting. Visit Rackspace.
8. Spoon In Brain, photo by coquedesigns2000. Forget the fact that we see yet A Simple Plan yet again because I’d rather want to know where that Spoon In Brain t-shirt is from. It reminds me of something that you’d find at The Chop Shop Store. Anyone know where to find this tee – it seems like I’ve seen it before.Â Visit Chop Shop.
9. Social Smack, photo by Tech Cocktail. TECH cocktail started as a community building event founded in May 2006 by Frank Gruber and Eric Olson. Since 2006, TECH cocktail has been hosting mixer events and covering technology start-ups across the country with the focus of helping to amplify the local technology signal.Â Visit Social Smack, Somewhat Frank and Tech Cocktail.
10. Wiki Way, photo by Kenneth Yeung – www.thelettertwo.com. The Wiki Way: Quick Collaboration on the Web is a 2001 book about wikis by Bo Leuf and Ward Cunningham. It was the first major book published about using wikis.Â Visit Wiki Way and The Letter Two.
11. Jeffrey Kalmikoff, photo by Scott Beale / Laughing Squid. The Director of Design & UX at Digg and formerly Chief Creative Officer at ThreadlessÂ is looking suave in this U.S.A. happy shirt by Jeremy Scheuch. This is the first Threadless Select tee spotted at SXSW!Â Buy U.S.A. is Dino-mite!!! from Threadless. Visit Laughing Squid,Â Threadless, Digg and Call Me Jeffrey.
13. Hire Your Own Design Team, photo by WebsiteSpark@SXSW2010. Great shirt, I wish I knew what it was promoting.
14. Mayhem Studios, photo by Kenneth Yeung – www.thelettertwo.com. Look who I sotted, it’s designer Calvin Lee of Mayhem Studios in a classic Google tee. Calvin tweets a lot. If I’m checking my Twitter feed then I am bound to see a tweet by Calvin.Â Visit The Letter Two Mayhem Studios and Mayhem Studios’ Blog.
Enjoyed this post? Follow me on Facebook!
Some things to note:
1. I will be tracking tees during the Interactive Session (March 12 – 16). Depending on how things goes, I might do this series of posts throughout the entire festival. We shall see!
2. If you’re a startup and you see your T-Shirt here then please note that I want it! If you’ve got an extra Men’s Large send one my way and I’ll be sure to review not only your tee but your service/website on this blog! Should be fun.
3. If you’re at SXSW, 1. I am jealous and 2. Be on the lookout for cool tees that you spot and send them my way!