To say that the Nintendo Entertainment System was a part of my childhood is quite an understatement. The original NES was in fact a big part of my childhood. I recall countless hours playing Super Mario Bros., Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out!!, Rad Racer, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, just to name a few of my favorite titles. I remember leaving the NES on overnight just so that I could save my place in in a particular game and continue playing the next day. I remember vigorously blowing into cartridges to kick start them back to life. I remember the countless hours of fun that I had with my NES.
This list is built on that childhood love that I had for Nintendo. To this day, you can still catch me playing with the Nintendo Wii or my DS. The only difference now is that I can look good (and so can you) in Nintendo gear while I am gaming out. Enjoy the list!
I’d love to hear which one of these are your favorites and whether or not you own any of these tees! And if you know of a NINTENDO related shirt not on this list then please tell me about it. Leave a comment below in the comments section and let me know!
If you enjoyed this post then please, please, please, tell your friends about it! A simple Tweet or post on your Facebook page will help to get the word out, and a link back on your blog would be greatly appreciated!
1. The Plumbers Wardrobe by Split Reason, $18.95. Plumbing is serious business; you need to dress for success. The Amphibian suit is useful for underwater jobs, The raccoon suit for those hard to reach toilets in the clouds, and a doctor’s outfit is always nice to have on hand for… umm… we’ll let you use your imagination.
2. Life of the Party by SnorgTees, $19.95.
3. 8-Bit Blues by Jacques Maes (Threadless), $18.
4. Classically Trained by 80’s Tees, $20.
5. Die Hard by Busted Tees, $20.
6. Let’s Rock Mega Man by 80sTees, $22.
7. Tetris Skyline by Reece Ward (RedBubble), $24.14.
8. This Is Why I’m Hot by SnorgTees, $19.95.
9. NES Controller by Shirt City, $22.95.
10. Game Over by Fuzzy Ink, $21. Wrinkled Koopa and his troopas are still misbehavin’, Piranhas poppin’ meds and an arthritic Princess needs savin’, with Yoshi underground and Luigi set on mute, it’s Mario’s time to shine in a weathered raccoon suit.
11. Gameboy by Ghost Clothing, $17.
12. Legendary Lawncare by SplitReason, $19.95.
13. Zelda Real Hero by The King of Games, 4,800 Yen.
14. Love Plus by NijigenCOSPA, 3,045 Yen.
15. Zelda by Shirt City, $22.95.
16. Kid Icarus: The Three Sacred Treasures by The King of Games, 4,000 Yen.
17. Duck Hunt by Rikki B (Uneetee), $15.
18. Mighty Kong by Split Reason, $18.95. This time around, Kong has a slightly different set of formidable opponents trying to knock him off that building.
19. Epic Fail Tetris by 80sTees, $20.
20. Tetris Start Screen by 80sTees, $20.
21. Nutritious Breakfast by Chow Hon Lam (Threadless), $18.
22. Super Metroid Map by Charles Caldwell (RedBubble), $23.94.
23. Legend by Cosplay, £18.
24. Grow Up by Split Reason, $18.95. Just eat this mushroom and grow up, it’s the fastest way!
25. Mario Kart by Shirt City, $22.95.
26. Player Hater by Busted Tees, $20.
27. Endless Forms Most Battleful by by Santiago Sanchez and Sam McNally (Threadless), $18.
28. Boom Box by Alex Solis (Threadless), $18.
29. Warrior Plumbers by Topatoco, $19.75.
30. Jesus Saves After Each Level by DeezTeez, $14.99.
31. Money Power Woman by Split Reason, $18.95. The natural order and supreme truth of the universe for all aspiring males has been discovered! What life lessons will the Italian Plumber teach us next?
32. Hyrule Fantasy by The King of Games, 4,900 Yen.
33. NES Controller by Stylin’ Online, $19.
34. I Heart Zelda by Skreened, $23.
35. Mii Love by NerdyShirts, $19.97. If Nintendo Produced Full Metal Jacket, anybody. Mii love you long time! It’s not inappropriate because we have a Wii.
36. Original Gangsta by Busted Tees, $20.
37. Mega Mistake by Split Reason, $18.95.
38. WiiXploded by Exploded Store, $17.
39. Mario Bros. Plumbing by 80’s Tees, $20. This Super Mario Brothers t-shirt features a distressed cream colored silk screen. The decal reads: “We’ll Clean Your Pipes Est. 1985″
40. Change Chomp by Split Reason, $18.95. The famous sticker from the back of Obama’s laptop, re-invented for accuracy in t-shirt form. From our perspective, the original picture does not depict the likes of Pac-Man; instead, closely resembles a ball and chain that will do everything in its power to prevent the rescue of a certain princess! We’re setting the record straight.
41. Power To The Mushroom by Budi Satria Kwan (Threadless), $20.
42. Mega Man by Stylin’ Online, $9.
43. The Four DX Famicon by Meat Bun, $24. These rockstars turned a humble hanafuda card company (that also dabbled in the taxi and “love hotel” business) into an 85 billion dollar empire. This shirt is printed with gold metallic ink.
44. Green Mushroom by Shirt City, $22.95.
45. Raccoons Are Super by Teextile, $12.
46. Equip cookies by Split Reason, $18.95. If only getting to that delicious batch of cookies was this easy.
47. Eat, Sleep, Nintendo by Stylin’ Online, $14.99.
48. Symphony Castlevania by 80’s Tees, $20.
49. Hyrule by Stylin’ Online, $19.
50. Mario & Luigi & Peach & Bowser by NerdyShirts, $19.97. Has there ever been a more iconic cast of characters in any videogame?
51. Wii Death by Orange Alexander, $24. The stunning dark side has finally come to pass. Get your hands on this highly requested version of true Wii-based impalement. The rich, hand-printed two-color design is set against an evil, devious black background.
52. Excite Bike by The King of Games, 6,000 Yen.
53. Mt. Gamemore by Split Reason, $18.95. Carved in cotton, this enduring symbol of all that is good in gaming can now be yours to wear.
54. 8-Bit Stickup by Psycho Reindeer, $14. All your quarter are belong to us! Wiley Wild Nessie robbed every coin-op vidya game from here to Hyrule eventually putting the entire arcade industry out of business.
55. Nintendo Logo Tee by Stylin’ Online, $18.
56. Track and Field by 80’s Tees, $20.
57. Zap Exploded by Exploded Store, $17.
58. Mushroom by Brae Lebren (RedBubble), $26.93.
59. Gun Holster by Busted Tees, $20.
60. Bullet William by Split Reason, $18.95. A sophisticated ol’ bullet chap with arms and eyeballs, infamous during the 80’s for striking fear and terror into the helpless souls of all Plumbing-kind. Artwork by Glen Brogan.
61. Donkey Kong by Shirt City, $22.95.
62. I’m A Player by Kosher Ham, $19.99.
63. Zelda In Grass by Stylin’ Online, $19.
64. Boo Buster Ghostbuster by NerdyShirts, $19.97. If Mario had directed Ghost Busters we’re pretty sure these would have been the crew t shirts.
65. 1990 Nintendo World Championships by 80’s Tees, $20.
66. Wii Tii by Wire & Twine, $20.
67. I Have Control Issues by jamjamtees (Etsy), $14.99.
68. Red Mushroom by Shirt City, $22.95.
69. Duck Hunter by GAMA-GO, $28.
70. Peach Castle Is Stolen by The King of Games, 5,800 Yen.
71. Blow Me by Crack Smoking T-Shirts, $17.95.
72. Slot Machine by Split Reason, $18.95. Step right up and lose your mind! You’ll never match these suckers!
73. I’m Gonna Be A Champ by Stylin’ Online, $19.
74. Double Dragon 3 by greatbritton99 (RedBubble), $23.14.
75. Mario Kart Grand Prix Champion by The King of Games, 5,500 Yen.
76. PWNED! by lindsey12 (Skreened), $23.
77. Score With The Princess by 80’s Tees, $20. This Nintendo shirt features Luigi gripping up the Princess and taking her with him.
78. Yellow Star by Shirt City, $18.95.
79. Blow Me by Busted Tees, $20.
80. Let It Bii by Nerdy Shirts, $19.97.
81. This Game Sucks by David Creighton-Pestor (Threadless), $18.
82. Da Boss by Stylin’ Online, $18.
83. Second Is The Best by Busted Tees, $20.
84. Super Wario Bird by Joey Knuckles (MySoti), $18.13.
85. Get a Life by Split Reason, $18.95. Seriously buddy, get a life, you’ll need it for the next level boss.
86. WiiD by mg (Skreened), $22.99.
87. Nintendo Time by darkiesould (Zazzle), $31.45.
88. Super Mario Bros. Sushi by thickblackoutline (RedBubble), $29.82. Inspired by Mario 3, Level 3, and all the swimming worlds across the series.Japanese translation: Super Mario Brothers Sushi.
89. Evil Mario by littleprettyprincess, $15.
90. Stadium Events by The Hundreds, Exclusively Available at The Hundreds Los Angeles and San Francisco Shops.
91. Oh Snap! by 80’s Tees, $20. This Super Mario Brothers shirt features the pipe-dwelling Piranha Plant, along with the tagline “Oh Snap!”
92. Dog Hunt by Split Reason, $17.95. The costs of a black shirt: $17.95. Capturing the moment that stupid laughing dog finally got shot: Priceless.
93. Duck Hunt by Stylin’ Online, $18.
94. Yeti Kong by GAMA-GO, $28.
95. Exploded Gameboy by Cosplay, £16.
96. Super Mario Skull by MisNopalesArt (Etsy), $17.
97. Nintendo After School Program by Stylin’ Online, $18.
98. Zelda 20th Anniversary Shirt by The King of Games, 4,800 Yen.
99. Wii-vil by Orange Alexander, $20. Although originally intended as an innocuous entertainment device, the Wii-mote has become the favorite tool of the devil. Proudly display your passion for this sinister device and the Dark Lord that unleashed it upon an unsuspecting world.
100. Stained Glass Zelda by Stylin’ Online, $25.
101. Peace Mario by 80’s Tees, $24.
Wheww, you made it to the end of the list! If you enjoyed this post then please, please, please, tell youâ€™re friends about it! A simple Tweet or post on your Facebook page will help to get the word out, and a link back on your blog would be greatly appreciated!
Like my blog? If so then you might you consider subscribing to my RSS Feed?
[UPDATE] The following shirts were part of the original list but have since been discontinued.
2. Family Tree by Olly Moss (NerdyShirts), $19.97. Once upon a time in a small Japanese village one of the most legendary video game systems was born.
8. Duck Huntin’ by NerdyShirts, $19.97. Keep an NES light gun packed away in case you ever come across that laughing dog again.
12. Fossilized Friend by Split Reason, $18.95. A fossil of this value definitely needs competent security to fend off late night museum shenanigans. We only hope they have enough 1up’s to make it through the evening!
13. Double Dribble by Homage Clothing, $28.
19. Zapper by ReThink Clothing, $18.99.
20. Contra Boss by 80’s Tees, $20. This Contra t-shirt features a screen shot of a boss alien who the commandos need to battle to gain access to the fortress.
34. Don’t Make Me Go Zelda On You by 80’s Tees, $20. This Nintendo shirt features some of the weapons from the hit Nintendo game Zelda.