Hey T-Shirt fanatics, welcome to my 2010 Holiday Gift Guide series! I feature some of my favorite T-shirt related items and even some things beyond T-shirts that I simply just love and would like to recommend to all of you. If there’s something that you think would fit in this list then please feel free to link to it in the comments! Enjoy and please feel free to share on Twitter using the Hashtag #GiftGuide.
One of my favorite genre of T-Shirt is Typography tees. This genre of tees are often very simplistic and quite minimal, two design qualities that I really dig. Having said that, if you know someone that appreciates good type then one of these featured tees will probably be enough to wet their palate.
1. If I’m recommending type themed tees than I MUST recommend that you checkout out Ugmonk. This is definitely one of my favorite indie brands and am the satisfied owner of a handful of Ugmonk tees. And Then I Woke Up is a classic, but if you’re looking for something new then I’d recommend Better Than I Deserve or It’s About Time. Ugmonk, Price: $24.00 (Use code GIVEBACK at checkout for an extra 15% off your entire order).
2. Geez Louise, this is the newest tee on the Gift Guide. It’s an obvious play on the classic Snellen Eye Chart, but its infused with a lot of subtle Star Wars goodness. Perfect for the font enthusiast with a soft spot for Star Wars. This is Not The Eye Chart You’re Looking For by Threadless, $9.00.
3. You’ve got a New Yorker on your list, who, incidentally is a font snob? Well I’ve got the perfect shirt for you. Destination NYC by Random Objects, Price: $23.00.
4. The phrase “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.” is probably ingrained into the minds of every typface designer on planet Earth. The Quick Brown Fox by DADADA Studio, 19 Euro.
5. The black Hello T-Shirt from Budy Carr Skateboards was one of my Favorite T-Shirts of 2009. In 2010, I bought the same T-Shirt in white. I love it so much. The tee runs a bit small so I’d recommend buying one size up. Hello by Buddy Carr Skateboards, Price: $22.00.
BONUS: I’d also recommend that you check out this list of 250 Beautiful Typography T-Shirts from our good friend Andy of Hide Your Arms.
You might also want to consider:
Helvetica is a film that I stumbled upon while perusing Netflix one night. It was such a great watch and quite the eye opener. You don’t realize how much Helvetica is integrated into our lives until you see this film. This is a guaranteed hit present for any Typography fiend. Helvetica [Blu-ray], $25.49.
As a bonus, you could also include the official Helvetica Film T-Shirt, which is available for $$20.00.