I’d like to wish all of the readers of my blog a very happy and prosperous 2009! This blog popped up early last year and only this past fall did I begin to focus on the t-shirt industry. I’d like to think that I have been able to mix my interests in tees, tech and social media in a way that has been fun and informative!
Now I typically don’t do new years resolutions so instead I thought I’d post up a few goals that I have for the site. I’ll check back on the eve of 2010 (how crazy is it that 2010 looms before us all!) and see how many of these goals I’ve accomplished.Â
1. Increase Unique Readership. At the moment I am averaging about 2,000 unique visitors a month after just 4 months of consistent tee blogging. I’d like to think that it would be reasonable to increase this number to an average of 5,000 unique visitors per month. For the month of November 2008 my favorite tee blogs experienced the following readership numbers: Tcritic=19,000, hideyourarms=12,000, Cottonable=5,000, Taddict=3,000. Statistics were obtained using siteanalytics.compete.com.
2. Increase RSS Subscriptions. My RSS subscriptions numbers are paltry at just about 50 subscribers. Considering I’ve gained 50 subscribers since I first started blogging about tees in September, I am hopeful that I can reach at least 300 RSS subscribers by 2010. Help me out by adding my feed to your RSS reader!
3. Keep Up With Content. I’d like to think that the quality of my posts keep users coming back for more. Consistency is the key and I would like to average at minimum 28-30 posts per month. More content would be better, but, if I am able to post at least once a day then I’ll be happy!
4. Network and Build Strong Relationships. Within the last 4 months I have had the opportunity to work with some great indie brands. In 2009 I’d like to take things further and come up with some interesting promotions, contests, etc. to not only promote interactivity with my visitors but also highlight the awesome work of the indie community. If you are an indie brand and would like to work with me please feel free to contact me!
5. Guest Blog. I’d love to guest blog at some of my favorite tee blogs in InternetLAND! I’ll check off this goal if I can guest post on at least 3 out of these 5 tee sites: Tcritic, Taddict, hideyourarms, Cottonable, T-Roundup. To be considered among the best, you need to work with the best – and these guys, in my opinion, are the best in this niche.Â
That’s it guys, we’ll see how well I did with these goals on the eve of 2009. Until then, enjoy the fireworks tonight and have an excellent and awesome new year!