Hey T-Shirt fanatics, welcome to my 2010 Holiday Gift Guide series! I feature some of my favorite T-shirt related items and even some things beyond T-shirts that I simply just love and would like to recommend to all of you. If there’s something that you think would fit in this list then please feel free to link to it in the comments! Enjoy and please feel free to share on Twitter using the Hashtag #GiftGuide.
You could probably best categorize me into two specific sub-categories of geek: 1. science geek, and 2. gadget geek. This gift guide is dedicated to the gadget geek in me and the gadget geek and general nerd on your Christmas shopping list.
1. If the gadget geek in question owns an iPod, iPhone, MacBook Pro, and/or Apple TV then it is highly likely that he/she will LOVE the Steve-In-Sane T-Shirt from Might Tees. Can someone get ME this tee?! Steve-In-Sane by Might Tees, Price: $23.99.
2. The ultimate threat to the dominance of Apple’s iOS is the Android platform. I hate to admit it, but there are a lot of people that love Android. To each their own! [By the way, did you know that this T-Shirt was inspired by a post of mine, yup!] Unstoppable Andy, Price: $19.00.
3. Do you know exaclty what kind of nerd you’re buying for? Not sure? Well, be sure nd get this T-Shirt for the nerd in your life. It’s highly likely that his/her geekdom is featured on this Threadless tee by Riccardo Bucchioni. Know Your Nerds by Threadless, Price: $10.
4. Yep, that’s right. This T-Shirt has a built in inconspicuous spy camera built right into the design of the tee. And now your favorite gadget geek can get his voyeuristic spy side on. Electronic Spy Camera T-Shirt by ThinkGeek, Price: $39.99.
5. There is absolutely nothing that nerds love more than ROBOTS. weRobot from the Chop Shop features 51 of the most iconic robots in pop culture. And even better, it glows in the dark! weRobot by The Chop Shop, Price: $20.00.
6. Gadgets are great, but sometimes, one less unnecessary gadget is even better. That’s why I LOVE Dropbox. With Dropbox, I no longer need or even use flash drives / thumb drives. I keep all of my important files and stuff that I am currently working on synced between multiple computers and it just works perfectly. Dropbox is free up to 2GB, but of course, the tech nerd needs more than that. Dropbox doesn’t offer a gift option but you could always offer to pay for a year worth of Premium Ugrades for a favorite friend. ($99 for a year upgrade of 50 GB).
BONUS: If you need more suggestions then I suggest that you hit up the following lists: 101 T-Shirts for Apple Fanboys and the Mac Faithful and 101 T-Shirts For Social Media Gurus, Facebook Fans and Twitter Addicts.
You might also want to consider:
When it comes to Gadgets, my iPad and my iPhone 4 are my go to tech toys. However, if I had to suggest something for the gadget geek, it would be the Terminal Backpack by DAKINE. I love this backpack because it’s so spacious and fits my 15 inch MacBook Pro perfectly. You’ll be able to fit every single one of you gadgets in hear and then some. Right now, I have some spare ethernet cords, a couple of various adaptor cords for the MacBook, a VGA cable for the iPad, an HDMI cable just in case. My laser pointer and presentation clicker for when I give lectures. And of course, I’ve got my Flip Mino and digital camera in there for those special moments. And then you’ve got lots of room in there for the vintage stuff like pens and paper (not like you’ll need it when you carry around an iPad).
Over a year ago I ditched messenger bags (because of shoulder and back issues) and have been using the Terminal Bag by DAKINE since. It’s a solid bag and a great investment, and easy on the back. Dakine Terminal Pack, Black, Price: $89.95.