This Pixel Heart necklace from Etsy would have been the perfect accessory for this Threadless Cardigan and this ThinkGeek T-Shirt. Very cool. But alas, it’s a one-of-a-kind item and it’s been sold. Dun, dun, dun.
I don’t really need to say much about this particular item. I’ll let the photos and product description do the talking.
And if you haven’t seen Human Centipede or Human Centipede 2 then count yourself lucky. If you feel the urge, you can always pick up a copy from Amazon.
For those with a twisted sense of humor (or are just twisted), it’s a Human Centipede Fleece Hat (with earflaps!). Although, since this is an unbroken chain of Human Centipede…technically it’s a Human Centipede Ouroboros…for that extra touch of “OMGZ WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?!?!”
The hat is made of plush soft fleece with just enough stretch to fit snuggly on your head to keep the winter winds out (and your sick brain warm…heh). Hat is machine washable.
The hat base is available in additional colors, just make a note of the color you would like, when ordering. The human centipede is available in flesh (as shown) or white. The GI tract is in red ric rac, but can be made in custom colors upon request.
Ever wished you could be K.I.T.T. from Knight Rider? Well now you can with this shirt from Etsy designer, rubyred. Rubyred, an artist we’ve featured on the blog before, had this to say about the design: Â ”Iâ€™ve been playing around with a new halftone technique and created this as a test, it looks a little like that strange talking car from the 80s!” I have to say that paired with a blazer, this shirt looks slick!
Pick up “Oh, really Michael” from the rubyred Etsy store for $26.13.
Nintendo recently previewed their latest blockbuster game at the E3 2009 conference and my goodness am I excited! They have been releasing so much retro NES goodness for the Wii as of late that I’m not sure if I can take it. First, Punch Out and now, New Super Mario Bros. in all it’s 2D side scrolling goodness. I am so excited to play this game especially since it offers multi-player beyond just Mario and Luigi. I’ve never been so excited for coins in my life. Cha-Ching!
And to commemorate this momentous occasion I have here 10 unique Super Mario Bros. inspired tees and a hoodie to boot. All of these are available for purchase with the exception of Super Mario Skull.Â
1. Game Over by Fuzzy Ink. First up, we have Game Over from our buddies over at Fuzzy Ink. This is one of the more fantastical of the Mario tees here as it features our favorite characters all grown up and elderly! Maximum cuteness factor indeed. This Jublin designed tee is available on a Grass colored American Apparel tees and can be purchased for $18.95. Use the coupon code “Hawaii” for 10% off your order!
2. Super Mario Bros. Sushi by thickblackoutline. This tee by thickblackoutline really made me realize just how good Super Mario Bros. would taste as sushi. Okay, that might have come out wrong. Nonetheless, it’s a great shirt and available now at Red Bubble for $28.83.Â
3 and 4. Mario Block and Mario Frog Suit by Nerdy Shirts. Nerdy Shirts really has some love for our favorite Italian. They have a bunch of Mario inspired tees available and here are two of them:Â Mario BlockÂ and Mario Frog Suit. Mario Block reminds us of how simple and fun B-bit gameplay really was. Mario Frog Suit reminds me of Super Mario Land for the original Game Boy (remember the level that you had to swim and kill that huge octopus/huge fish boss).
5. Magic Mushrooms by Ian Summers. It’s no surprise that Magic Mushrooms by Ian Summers made my list of favorite Mario inspired tees. After all, it was my Threadless Pick of the Week in Coty Loves Threadless Episode #15. They are running low in stock really fast on this tee over at Threadless so if you want it I suggest you go and pick it up now. I was able to secure a guys size large (there were only 2 left when I did).Â
6. I Sneak Down Pipes by Euan Gallacher. I Sneak Down The Pipes was conceived by the Tee Doctor, Euan Gallacher, a Scotland based T-Shirt prescriber! It’s a clever play on the much used I Heart NY tee. I Sneak Down Pipes is available from MySoti for $17.72 and is printed on a white Alstyle tee.Â
7. da Vinci’s Mario by Kevin Tong. Artist Kevin Tong designed this masterpiece, titled da Vinci’s Mario and inspired by Leonardo da Vinci’s famous Views of a Fetus in the Womb.Â This three color design is printed on an American Apparel blank and is available for $20.Â
8. Warrior Plumbers by Dr. McNinja. Have you ever wondered what Mario, Luigi and the rest of the Super Mario Bros. gang would like in real life? Wonder no more because Warrior Plumbers by Dr. McNinja answers that very question. Warrior Pumbers is printed on Hanes Beefy Tees and is available for $19.75 from TopatoCo.Â
9. Super Mario Skull by MisNopalesArt. This Super Mario Skull tee from Etsy is just a tad bit disturbing. Just a tad. Our favorite plumber in skull form and in the raccoon suit to boot! What is wrong with this picture! This tee is unfortunately no longer available for sale.Â
10. Video Game Shirt by Stay Up. If video games are your religion then this is the tee for you. And right square in the middle of that 8-Bit cross is non-other than 8-Bit Mario. Pick up this tee from Stay Up in either a white or tan colorway.Â
Enclothe MarioFlague. And for the finale, I have this epic Enclothe MarioFlague zip up hoodie! Talk about attention to detail and a sure conversation starter. It’s a fully custom designed hoodie that features and inside breast iPod pocket, metal mushroom zipper pull, quick action cuff thumb hole, and an extra spacious 3 panel hood. This item can be your for $65.Â
I’m always on the hunt for a great Super Mario Bros. inspired tee. If you know of one that’s not on this list then let me know and maybe it’ll make the next wrap up!
Naps should be a standard at work, just like lunch. I love taking naps and as such I love this shirt! I Like Naps is actually a one-of-a-kind tee that was created by Denver based Etsy designer, Thrush. According to the product page, this shirt is “aÂ tribute to the t’s of the 80′s, this shirt says “I Like Naps” in the famous t-shirt font. It’s printed on an upcycled, preowned t-shirt.” I’m not sure how many of these tees Thrush created, but unfortunately for you, they are sold out.Â
Want to make your own? Pick up some Iron On Transfers of this retro font here and proceed to create.Â