Threadless once again is doing their part to help with disaster relief. It seems as if these disasters are occurring way to often for comfort. Still, it’s great to see a company like Threadless pitch in and lend a helping hand. The chosen design will help Japan rise from the rubble and provide aid to those people who need it most. Winners will receive $500 cash and $500 Threadless gift certificate. And of course, all proceeds from the printed T-Shirt will go to Japan relief efforts. Check out the challenge page here.
On March 11th, a magnitude 8.9 earthquake devastated Japan. The quake, officially the strongest in the country’s history, was followed by a massive Tsunami that swept away more than six miles of coastline. The disaster left hundreds dead and hundreds more still missing. With your help, tens of thousands of displaced Japanese citizens will rise from the rubble and begin the recovery process. Threadless will donate 25% from the sale of each tee to The American Red Cross’s Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami fund. The chosen design will be available for purchase at Threadless.
Posted on 11 March '11 by Coty, under T-Shirts. No Comments.
The Haiti Relief tees continue to roll in, the newest coming from possibly the most dominate T-Shirt brand on the Internet – Threadless. Many Hands Make The Load Lighter is a shirt that was designed by the duo Thomas De Santis and Ivan Tarrazo Sanchez. The inspiration for the shirt De Santis says was”â€œAmazing Haitian street art. It provides a true sense of daily life and community through the use of gorgeous colors.â€
“We reached out to Haiti’s neighbors and asked two of our designers from the Dominican Republic to design this tee, Thomas De Santis and Ivan Tarrazo Sanchez. Theyâ€™ve declined their printing award and are instead giving it to the Red Cross. Shirts Our Business, one of our printers, has donated their printing time and ink. And everyone here has been rallying to get this tee out to retain focus on the relief effort. We hope you too, will send this along to your friends and fams to show your support!”
For only $10 you can pick up Many Hands Make The Load Lighter with 100% of the proceeds (up to $100,000) will be donated to the Red Cross to aid relief efforts inHaiti.
Posted on 20 January '10 by Coty, under Uncategorized. No Comments.
Things are looking really bad in Haiti, fortunately, there are people around world helping out in anyway that they can. Here are a few ways that you can help out with Haiti relief that involve buying a T-Shirt.
1. Buy a Feed The Hungry T-Shirt from Pyknic Clothing and 75% of the proceeds will be donated to earthquake relief efforts in Haiti. Price: $20 (75% go to Haiti relief efforts). Shipping now.
2. Pick up a Haiti tee from Blink-182 and 100% of the proceeds go straight to the Red Cross. Price: $15 (100% of proceeds go to Haiti relief efforts). Shipping January 22, 2010.
3. Eurosport has available a Haiti United Relief shirt with 100% of the proceeds going to the Red Cross. Price: $17.99 (100% of proceeds go to Haiti relief efforts). Shipping now.
4. At OrganiKook you can grab a Help Haiti shirt with 100% of proceeds going to Haiti aid groups. Price: $15 (100% of proceeds go to Haiti relief efforts). Shipping now.
5. If you’re a Lady Gaga fan you might consider picking up the Lady Gag Haiti Relief T-Shirt. Price: $25 (100% of proceeds go to Haiti relief efforts). Shipping January 22, 2010.
6. David Stripinis, lead virtual camera operator for Avatar, is auctioning off an Avatar crew T-Shirt. For every $5 donation you make you will receive a raffle to win the shirt. Donations are made through Just Give.
So, here’s the deal. Donate. And share your email address with me. All the money goes to Oxfam, the email address goes to me. For every Â£3 ( or $5USD ) you donate, you get an entry to a raffle to receive an Avatar Crew T-Shirt.
This is a brand new, never been worn XL t-shirt only available to those that were lucky enough to work on the film, or know people who did.
Raffle will be run Saturday, 23 Jan 2010. Shirt will be sent off as soon as the winner sends me his address, at my expense.
7. Zazzle will be donating $1 for every shirt sold on their site from now until January 18.
8. All proceeds from the Yele Haiti Collection at Timberland will be donated to Haiti earthquake relief. Price: $35. Shipping now.
9. Cafepress is offering a special Haiti shirt designed by Studio Number One which was founded by Shepard Fairey. Price: $15 (100% of proceeds go to Haiti relief efforts). Shipping now.
10. All profits from The Hope For Haiti will be going to disaster relief in Haiti via Convoy For Hope. Price: $20 (100% of proceeds go to Haiti relief efforts). Shipping now.
11. And of course our friends over at Doubletake Clothing have their Help Haiti band aid shirt available with 100% of the proceeds going to Haiti aid. Price: $15 (100% of proceeds go to Haiti relief efforts). Shipping after January 22, 2010.
Posted on 16 January '10 by Coty, under T-Shirts. 7 Comments.
This tee, available at SocialDesigner.com, was the winner of theÂ ”design a tee to be used in case of an emergency” competition. This winning tee was designed by the artist known as Gemma, who had this to say about her creation:
“SOS is the most common signal when there is an emergency in order to ask for help. I thought the t-shirt should have this purpose because it can be useful no matter what kind of emergency is happening.Â We know we’ll be carrying this tee with us at all times in case of a flat tire, fashion emergency, or just in case we need to flag down a taxi in NYC.”
This tee is available for $25 and is printed on an Ash Grey American Apparel tee. 20% of the profits from sales of this tee will go to benefit Architecture for Humanity.Â
Posted on 18 June '09 by Coty, under T-Shirts. No Comments.