This fun little shirt was spotted over at the popular online game site OMGPOP. I have no idea what the pandas are in reference to, though I have to assume that they are characters from one of the many OMGPOP games. I’m not a big online game player so I wouldn’t know. I was actually just browsing the OMGPOP website because my roommate, who is addicted to these online flash game websites, happened to be on OMGPOP.
I took a look at their blog (after I registered at OMGPOP and played a little BALLOONO*) to see what was up and then I noticed that they had a few T-Shirts for sale. Domestic Pandas caught my eye. I found the thought of “domestic” pandas to be quite hilarious. Not sure why. Maybe it’s because pandas are so damn lazy. They are slow moving. All they do is eat. And eat. And eat. And they eat bamboo no less. But don’t let that fool you. I’ve heard that pandas can be just as crazy as their mono-colored American counterparts aka the brown bear aka Ursus arctos.
And because I’m in a fact giving mood, here are 10 strange and weird panda factoids:
- A panda’s diet is 99% bamboo.
- Beneath a pandas white fur their skin is black and beneath the black fur their skin is pink.
- It takes baby pandas 50-60 days after birth before they can open their eyes.
- A panda tooth is seven times bigger than a human tooth.
- They spend up to 16 hours a day eating.
- A panda cub is about the size of a croissant.
- Pandas bleat like goats rather than roaring like bears.
- Pandas like alone time.
- Pandas don’t hibernate.
- Pandas sit while eating.
But back to the T-Shirt. You can pick up Domestic Pandas now from OMGPOP for $15.
*If you want to play a few games of BALLOONO with me on OMGPOP then feel free to add me as a friend!