In this episode of Co-Tee TV I review the Fight Club Anniversary tee from ChuckPalahniuk.net celebrating the 10 years since the release of the Fight Club movie by David Fincher and starring Brad Pitt and Edward Norton. The T-Shirt was designed by blog favorite and popular T-Shirt designer, Kevin Tong.
You can also watch this episode on Vimeo, Viddler, YouTube, blip.tv and download and sync all episodes to your iPod or iPhone by subscribing for free to Co-Tee TV in the iTunes Store.
Fight Club Anniversary T-Shirt by Kevin Tong and available at ChuckPalahniuk.net.Pros: Great artwork designed by Kevin Tong. The shirt is available in two colorways, cornflower blue and creme. Â Cons: The tee design is printed on a Next Level blank, which is a little more fitting and thin compared to an American Apparel tee. And just so you know, I like thin tees (and have a high level Â of disdain for thick and heavy ones).Â Price: $20.
Nintendo recently previewed their latest blockbuster game at the E3 2009 conference and my goodness am I excited! They have been releasing so much retro NES goodness for the Wii as of late that I’m not sure if I can take it. First, Punch Out and now, New Super Mario Bros. in all it’s 2D side scrolling goodness. I am so excited to play this game especially since it offers multi-player beyond just Mario and Luigi. I’ve never been so excited for coins in my life. Cha-Ching!
And to commemorate this momentous occasion I have here 10 unique Super Mario Bros. inspired tees and a hoodie to boot. All of these are available for purchase with the exception of Super Mario Skull.Â
1. Game Over by Fuzzy Ink. First up, we have Game Over from our buddies over at Fuzzy Ink. This is one of the more fantastical of the Mario tees here as it features our favorite characters all grown up and elderly! Maximum cuteness factor indeed. This Jublin designed tee is available on a Grass colored American Apparel tees and can be purchased for $18.95. Use the coupon code “Hawaii” for 10% off your order!
2. Super Mario Bros. Sushi by thickblackoutline. This tee by thickblackoutline really made me realize just how good Super Mario Bros. would taste as sushi. Okay, that might have come out wrong. Nonetheless, it’s a great shirt and available now at Red Bubble for $28.83.Â
3 and 4. Mario Block and Mario Frog Suit by Nerdy Shirts. Nerdy Shirts really has some love for our favorite Italian. They have a bunch of Mario inspired tees available and here are two of them:Â Mario BlockÂ and Mario Frog Suit. Mario Block reminds us of how simple and fun B-bit gameplay really was. Mario Frog Suit reminds me of Super Mario Land for the original Game Boy (remember the level that you had to swim and kill that huge octopus/huge fish boss).
5. Magic Mushrooms by Ian Summers. It’s no surprise that Magic Mushrooms by Ian Summers made my list of favorite Mario inspired tees. After all, it was my Threadless Pick of the Week in Coty Loves Threadless Episode #15. They are running low in stock really fast on this tee over at Threadless so if you want it I suggest you go and pick it up now. I was able to secure a guys size large (there were only 2 left when I did).Â
6. I Sneak Down Pipes by Euan Gallacher.I Sneak Down The Pipes was conceived by the Tee Doctor, Euan Gallacher, a Scotland based T-Shirt prescriber! It’s a clever play on the much used I Heart NY tee. I Sneak Down Pipes is available from MySoti for $17.72 and is printed on a white Alstyle tee.Â
7. da Vinci’s Mario by Kevin Tong. Artist Kevin Tong designed this masterpiece, titled da Vinci’s Mario and inspired by Leonardo da Vinci’s famous Views of a Fetus in the Womb.Â This three color design is printed on an American Apparel blank and is available for $20.Â
8. Warrior Plumbers by Dr. McNinja. Have you ever wondered what Mario, Luigi and the rest of the Super Mario Bros. gang would like in real life? Wonder no more because Warrior Plumbers by Dr. McNinja answers that very question. Warrior Pumbers is printed on Hanes Beefy Tees and is available for $19.75 from TopatoCo.Â
9. Super Mario Skull by MisNopalesArt. This Super Mario Skull tee from Etsy is just a tad bit disturbing. Just a tad. Our favorite plumber in skull form and in the raccoon suit to boot! What is wrong with this picture! This tee is unfortunately no longer available for sale.Â
10. Video Game Shirt by Stay Up. If video games are your religion then this is the tee for you. And right square in the middle of that 8-Bit cross is non-other than 8-Bit Mario. Pick up this tee from Stay Up in either a white or tan colorway.Â
Enclothe MarioFlague. And for the finale, I have this epic Enclothe MarioFlague zip up hoodie! Talk about attention to detail and a sure conversation starter. It’s a fully custom designed hoodie that features and inside breast iPod pocket, metal mushroom zipper pull, quick action cuff thumb hole, and an extra spacious 3 panel hood. This item can be your for $65.Â
I’m always on the hunt for a great Super Mario Bros. inspired tee. If you know of one that’s not on this list then let me know and maybe it’ll make the next wrap up!
In this episode I wear iSteamphoneÂ by Kevin TongÂ and review Welcome HomeÂ from AlrightOK, a Florida based brand that is a single-minded collective visually expressing their loves, hates and fears through the medium of T-Shirts. Use the coupon code “coty” on your next AlrightOK purchase and save 20%. As always, enjoy with tea and a comfy tee!
Welcome HomeÂ by AlrightOK.Good:Â Great design, lot’s of extras including custom hangtags and pins, screen printed (discharge print) in three different areas (front, back and inner neck), tagless for itchfree comfort, print should get softer after first wash, and the packaging is top notch.Â Bad:Â The tee is printed on an Alstyle blank and is a little baggier than I am used to, but I am sure that after the first wash it will fit perfectly.Â Price: $22.00 but you can save 20% if you use the coupon code “coty” at checkout.
iSteamphoneÂ by Kevin Tong.Â This is a great T-Shirt for any Apple fan or even Da Vinci Fan, would make a great gift! Printed on an American Apparel blank so they are super soft and they fit well. This exploded tee puts other exploded tees to shame! Price: $20.00.
Kevin Tong delivers again! You might remember the iSteamPhone that I featured this past January on the site, well, Kevin is back with his da Vinci inspired style to bring us DaVinci’s Mario! He’s definitely found an interesting niche style and I am looking forward to future da Vinci inspired designs – such amazing detail! And like the iSteamPhone, this design is available in poster form (18 inches x 24 inches) for you to frame and hang next to your old school NES or new school Wii.
This three color design is printed on American Apparel blanks and are available for $20.Â
I’m a big fan of Leonardo da Vinci and I cannot live without my iPhone. So when I first saw this tee on Gizmodo my jaws dropped, it’s so cool! This tee, aptly titled iSteamPhone, was created byÂ ArtistÂ Kevin Tong, who “captures the invention of da Vinci, the imagination of H.G. Wells, and the brilliance of Jonathan Ive in this Exploded iPhone drawing.”Â
You might remember, the Exploded Phone tee that made the blog rounds a few weeks back – well, I have to say that this tee might have that one topped! The tee is available now for $20 and is printed on American Apparel shirts.Â