Comic-Con 2011 is being held from July 21-24 this year and like last year, I’ll be costume spotting some of the best and most wacky costumes to be seen! I always get a kick at seeing what people decide to dress up as to Comic-Con. My favorite from the first day batch has got to be female Captain America and old Snake!
*All photos belong to their respective owners. I’ve provided links back to the original photos and link back to the photographers official website when possible.
If you stumbled on this blog via Twitter, Facebook or elsewhere then welcome! Please feel free to peruse the site and if you like what you see then I’d recommend adding Co-Tee TV as a friend on Facebook so that you can stay up-to-date on future posts!
1. Green Lantern, photo by Nathan Rupert. Semi-buff Green Lantern in a Wolverine pose. Visit Model Mayhem.
2. Kato, photo by Sebastian Jespersen. Spot on Kato from the Green Hornet.
3. Female Captain America, photo by Sebastian Jespersen. I absolutely dig this female Captain America outfit!
4. Pan-Am Girls, photo by uncle_shoggoth. Girls dressed up as the Pan-Am girls from that new ABC series.
5. Psylocke, photo by Patty Mooney. Visit A Diary Left Open. As Tyra would say, FIERCE.
6. Link, photo by Noelle Paduan. I don’t remember Link having so many piercings.
7. Snake, photo by Mike Rollerson. Love this Snake costume and what an amazing photograph by Mike Rollerson.
Posted on 21 July '11 by Coty, under Superhero Hype. No Comments.
As the year comes to an end, I’d like to present to you 10 of my very own T-Shirt Top 10′s from 2009. You should note that the T-Shirts posted here are listed in no particular order and are heavily based on tees that I’ve blogged about here in the past year. 2009 was an amazing year for T-Shirts and I can’t wait to see what 2010 has in store for us all. What were your top 10 tees of 2009?
*Once Again, the lists are presented in no particular order.
Top 10 T-Shirts of 2009
There were a billion T-Shirts released in 2009 but only a few really great ones. The following 10 tees are my picks for the Top 10 tees of 2009. I own 5 of the 10 tees here and let’s just say they are on regular rotation in my T-Shirt wardrobe. There are two tees on here just because of the sheer attention that they drew (Zombama Brains and Three Wolf Moon / Three Keyboard Cat Moon). The rest are here because I absolutely love their design.
1. Mecha-Labaw by csj89. csj89 took the big prize from Design By Humans, $10,000 big with his Mecha-Labaw design.
2. The Struggle by Miles To Go Clothing. The struggle from Miles to Go Clothing always impressed me – it truly is a piece of art.
3. Knuckle Collision by yonil (ShirtFight). Knuckle Collision was probably Shirtfight’s because seller of the year, I was sad to see them stop the contest portion of their site.
4. Powermitt by Johnny Cupcakes. Powermitt was my favorite Johnny Cupcakes tee of 2009 – Never Say Die came in a close second.
5. Zombama Brains by Pop-Monkey (Teefury). Zombama Brains from Teefury earned a spot on the list because of the controversy and interest it drew and for the fact that this was the first tee to outsell Shirt.Woot.
6. Filter Heroes by Chop Shop. Filter Heroes from our friends at the Chop Shop appeared on a ton of mainstream blogs – all photoshop power users should own this shirt.
7. Three Wolf Moon / Three Keyboard Cat Moon. I thought that the Three Wolf Moon T-Shirt belonged on here due to the sheer amount of interest it garnered. And I’ve clumped Three Keyboard Cat Moon with the Three Wolf Moon tee if only because it was the fastest shirt to go to print from Threadless. Although I’d never wear either the Three Wolf or Three Cat tee, I thought that they belong on the list by default.
8. The Gaming Revolution by Sean Mort (Threadless). The Gaming Revolution by Sean Mort is the second Threadless tee on the list and my absolute favorite Threadless tee of 2009, hands down.
9. Da Vinci’s Mario by Exploded Tees. And finally we have da Vinci’s Mario by Kevin Tong, the amazing illustration made this pick a no brainer. I continually referenced it, along with iSteamPhone, on Co-Tee TV throughout the year.
10. And Then I Woke Up… (Blue and White Colorway) by Ugmonk. Ugmonk made huge strides this year – and the ampersand heavy And Then I Woke Up Tee… played a huge part in their growth. It’s a classic.
Posted on 27 December '09 by Coty, under T-Shirts. 24 Comments.
Halloween is just around the corner and so I thought I’d put together a nice list of 101 shirts that are perfect to wear during the month of ghouls and ghosts. Why wait till Halloween when there’s a shirt for everyday in between! I was going to wait till Halloween to post this but then you lovely folks would not have enough to order these lovely beasts for the occasion!
There’s no need to spend a fortune on an expensive costume and mask when you can pick most of these Halloween-ish T-Shirts for under $20! Go ahead, knock yourself out. For even more Halloween ideas check out the Found Item Clothing Halloween Costume Guide, they’ve got some fun stuff!
If you enjoy this post please feel free to Retweet, Digg and share with your friends!
1. Happy Pumpkin by Print Liberation, $18.
2.Â UndeadWe by Chop Shop, $20.
3. Intramural Zombie Hunter by Seibei, $24.
4. The Butcher by Zombie Liquorice, $20.
5. Turn Into A Zombie by DeezTeez, $11.99.
6. Boo Buster Ghostbuster by NerdyShirts, $19.95.
7. Friday The 12th by SnorgTees, $18.95.
8. WAI SO SRS by SplitReason, 18.95.
9. Cannibal by Glennz Tees, $19.95.
10. Hansel & Gretel’s Revenge by Wotto (Tilteed), $18.
Posted on 8 October '09 by Coty, under T-Shirts. 10 Comments.
10tees is a great place to find themed collections of tees. They do all the work by thinking of interesting themes (i.e. 10 Star Wars Tees Every Fan Boy Should Have, 10 Funny Tees About Strange Creatures, etc.) and then collect and post on their blog the 10 best shirts from a mix of indie and popular brands. It’s fun to see which shirts make the list and its a great way to find random tees that you would not have know about otherwise!Â
Be sure to also check out and subscribe to theirÂ RSS Feed, a secret birdie told me that you can find some goodies in there, like handy dandy coupons! And if you’re like me, always looking for people to add on Twitter, then go ahead and follow 10tees on Twitter to stay up-to-date on everything 10tees.
Posted on 21 December '08 by Coty, under T-Shirts. 2 Comments.