Can you traverse the dangerous terrain of Ye Olde Dinosaur Land, to rescue the princess? If so then this is the T-Shirt for you. Or, maybe you just want a Super Mario mashup up map made to look like it was made in the 1500′s. If so then this is the T-Shirt for you. Or, maybe you just need to have everything even remotely related to the Super Mario Bros. and Nintendo. There are a ton of reasons why you should get this SplitReason T-Shirt. What are you waiting for?
How I wish this tie existed for me to purchase. In fact, only one of these custom ties designed by Maya Pixelskaya exist and it recently sold on eBay for $160.87. It’s so fun! I would totally wear this tie to lecture. A university professor wearing a tie featuring one of his favorite childhood games, Duck Hunt. Can’t go wrong. Hmmm, she made one. Maybe I can make one too?
The Unofficial Duck Hunt Tie is NOT available for sale, unless, you decide to track down the eBay winner and threaten to shoot hit ducks.
It’s been a very long time since I’ve posted a T-Shirt from our friends at Go Ape Shirts (Hi Josh!). Their latest creation is buzz worthy because it’s a one of those video game parody T-Shirts that you just have to have. And if you’re like me and grew up in the 80′s playing Super Mario Bros then you will LOVE this T-Shirt. The shirt was designed by Austin, Texas based graphic designer, bortwein. It features a fictional van that Mario and Luigi may have used in some alternate Nintendo universe. It’s great. And that product shot, are you kidding me, it’s so awesome!
Are you a geek? Do you love design? Maybe you should try your hand at the just launched 604Republic design contest. The contest is brand spanking new so the wonderful people over at 604Republic will be collecting submissions over the next few weeks and will then be launching their Design Gallery where people can vote on submitted designs. If your design is selected then as the artists you will receive $500 + $1 for every T-Shirt OR 15% of retail sales. Not to shabby. Check out the 604Republic Submit page to submit your geekily delicious designs!
Not sure of the type of designs that they are looking for? Check out some of my favorite 604Republic tees:
We’ve seen exploded tees before but none as geeky mysterious as Diagram 5-3 by 15 Bit Gamer. If you know what particular item is exploding than I tip my hat off to you, because, I had no clue. It turns out that Diagram 5-3 references a small detail from Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES. Apparently, Diagram 5-3 is a diagram of Kuribo’s shoe. But who the heck or what the heck is a Kuribo? The Giant Bomb explains:
Kuribo’s Shoe is a rare power-up first seen in level 5-3 in Super Mario Bros. 3 for the NES. It is first mentioned after you beat World 2 in a letter given to you by Princess Peach. The name “Kuribo’s Shoe” comes from the fact that in the Japanese version of Super Mario Bros. 3, Goombas are known as Kuribos. A second revision of Super Mario Bros. 3 was released that renamed Kuribo’s Shoe to Goomba’s Shoe, though in its appearance in Super Mario All-Stars for the SNES, it had reverted to its original name.
Kuribo’s Shoe is a giant green boot with what appears to be a spring-winding key on the side, and it is initially occupied by a Goomba. While attempting to jump on top of Kuribo’s Shoe while still occupied by this Goomba will eliminate both Kuribo’s Shoe and the Goomba, attacking from underneath knocks the Goomba out of the shoe, making it possible for Mario to take control. While Mario’s speed is reduced while in Kuribo’s Shoe, he’s able to traverse terrain that would otherwise harm him. These terrains include spiked floors and jumping baby pirahna plants. Unlike other power-ups, it is possible for Mario to keep his current power-up (e.g. Fire Flower) while using Kuribo’s Shoe.
So there you go. Kuribos is actually the Japanese translation for Goombas. Who knew! Now, if you are enough of a gamer geek to appreciate this T-Shirt or are one of those super obsessed Super Mario freaks than you probably want to buy this T-Shirt to stump your geekiest friends. Head on over 15 Bit Gamer to purchase Diagram 5-3 now for $17.
And for more on Kuribo’s Shoe, check out the video of it below in play!
Our friends over at Made With Awesome just released a brand spanking new tee that is perfect for people who aspired to be plumbers based solely on their experiences with Super Mario Bros. You see, Super Mario Bros. changed everything in 1985 when it came to the plumbing industry. Super Mario Bros. was a game changer. It made plumbing exciting and almost James Bond like. As a plumber, you jumped through pipes, beat up the bad guys, smashed a few turtles along the way and then get the girl in the end. Super Mario Bros. made plumbing awesome!
But as with other things in real life, plumbing was not all it was made out to be. After the release of the original Super Mario Bros. for the NES was released, a number of eager kids aspired and eventually became full-fledged plumbers. Needless to say, there was to be no pipe jumping, no beating up the bad guys, no run in with turtles and unfortunately, plumbers never got the girl in the end.
And so the lives of these ordinary plumbers carried on. They’d fix broken pipes, but not do much else. For many children turned adults, the plumbing industry was a big fat lie. And to bring this sham to the attention of the masses, Made With Awesome delivers their very straight forward Video Games Lied To Me About The Adventurous Lives of Plumbers. Because sometimes, you just need to draw a line. This is Made With Awesome drawing a big fat line. You can buy it now from Made With Awesome for just $22.
And P.S., if you enjoyed this shirt then it is a necessity that you check out this list of 101 Nintendo T-Shirts.
Nintendo recently previewed their latest blockbuster game at the E3 2009 conference and my goodness am I excited! They have been releasing so much retro NES goodness for the Wii as of late that I’m not sure if I can take it. First, Punch Out and now, New Super Mario Bros. in all it’s 2D side scrolling goodness. I am so excited to play this game especially since it offers multi-player beyond just Mario and Luigi. I’ve never been so excited for coins in my life. Cha-Ching!
And to commemorate this momentous occasion I have here 10 unique Super Mario Bros. inspired tees and a hoodie to boot. All of these are available for purchase with the exception of Super Mario Skull.Â
1. Game Over by Fuzzy Ink. First up, we have Game Over from our buddies over at Fuzzy Ink. This is one of the more fantastical of the Mario tees here as it features our favorite characters all grown up and elderly! Maximum cuteness factor indeed. This Jublin designed tee is available on a Grass colored American Apparel tees and can be purchased for $18.95. Use the coupon code “Hawaii” for 10% off your order!
2. Super Mario Bros. Sushi by thickblackoutline. This tee by thickblackoutline really made me realize just how good Super Mario Bros. would taste as sushi. Okay, that might have come out wrong. Nonetheless, it’s a great shirt and available now at Red Bubble for $28.83.Â
3 and 4. Mario Block and Mario Frog Suit by Nerdy Shirts. Nerdy Shirts really has some love for our favorite Italian. They have a bunch of Mario inspired tees available and here are two of them:Â Mario BlockÂ and Mario Frog Suit. Mario Block reminds us of how simple and fun B-bit gameplay really was. Mario Frog Suit reminds me of Super Mario Land for the original Game Boy (remember the level that you had to swim and kill that huge octopus/huge fish boss).
5. Magic Mushrooms by Ian Summers. It’s no surprise that Magic Mushrooms by Ian Summers made my list of favorite Mario inspired tees. After all, it was my Threadless Pick of the Week in Coty Loves Threadless Episode #15. They are running low in stock really fast on this tee over at Threadless so if you want it I suggest you go and pick it up now. I was able to secure a guys size large (there were only 2 left when I did).Â
6. I Sneak Down Pipes by Euan Gallacher.I Sneak Down The Pipes was conceived by the Tee Doctor, Euan Gallacher, a Scotland based T-Shirt prescriber! It’s a clever play on the much used I Heart NY tee. I Sneak Down Pipes is available from MySoti for $17.72 and is printed on a white Alstyle tee.Â
7. da Vinci’s Mario by Kevin Tong. Artist Kevin Tong designed this masterpiece, titled da Vinci’s Mario and inspired by Leonardo da Vinci’s famous Views of a Fetus in the Womb.Â This three color design is printed on an American Apparel blank and is available for $20.Â
8. Warrior Plumbers by Dr. McNinja. Have you ever wondered what Mario, Luigi and the rest of the Super Mario Bros. gang would like in real life? Wonder no more because Warrior Plumbers by Dr. McNinja answers that very question. Warrior Pumbers is printed on Hanes Beefy Tees and is available for $19.75 from TopatoCo.Â
9. Super Mario Skull by MisNopalesArt. This Super Mario Skull tee from Etsy is just a tad bit disturbing. Just a tad. Our favorite plumber in skull form and in the raccoon suit to boot! What is wrong with this picture! This tee is unfortunately no longer available for sale.Â
10. Video Game Shirt by Stay Up. If video games are your religion then this is the tee for you. And right square in the middle of that 8-Bit cross is non-other than 8-Bit Mario. Pick up this tee from Stay Up in either a white or tan colorway.Â
Enclothe MarioFlague. And for the finale, I have this epic Enclothe MarioFlague zip up hoodie! Talk about attention to detail and a sure conversation starter. It’s a fully custom designed hoodie that features and inside breast iPod pocket, metal mushroom zipper pull, quick action cuff thumb hole, and an extra spacious 3 panel hood. This item can be your for $65.Â
I’m always on the hunt for a great Super Mario Bros. inspired tee. If you know of one that’s not on this list then let me know and maybe it’ll make the next wrap up!