I have had the opportunity to work with 11 great indie tee brands over the last 4 months for the Indie Tee Spotlight feature here. There have been so many helpful tips that have come from these features and interviews. So in lieu of this weeks Indie Tee Spotlight (it’ll be back next week!) I thought it would be a great idea to put together a list of 10 tips from the last 10 Indie Tee Spotlights (unfortunately I am excluding our first spotlight, Linty Fresh, because I didn’t get to interview Eric Terry – maybe we can work with him in the future)!
Enjoy with tea and a comfy t-shirt!
1. Don’t Get Lost in The Shuffle, Be Unique. “I think the most important thing is to be unique. The last thing anyone wants to do is get lost in the shuffle. Very cliche but practice makes perfect, no oneâ€™s a hit overnight.” -Stephen Thompson of Pyknik Clothing
2. Sacrifice For Longtime Accomplishments. “You have to be willing to sacrifice for longterm accomplishments, and be willing to lose, over and over again.” -Jimiyo
3. Do Your Research Before You Start Your Brand. “Advice to all your entrepenureal readers, have your ducks in a row before you start. This was kind of a joke and reaction to some hilarious decisons while at a party and I started something with little knowledge or idea of what I wanted. So make sure you have your mind right. Also gobs of money and gorgeous women to model wouldnâ€™t hurt either.” -Andy Meyer of Rethink Clothing
4. Be Passionate and Work Like You Have Something To Prove. “When you love what you do and are passionate about something, thereâ€™s nothing that can stop you, especially from your dreams and goals.Â I think sometimes your best work comes from when youâ€™re the most down. Like you have something to prove.” Kyle Crawford of Electric Zombie
5. Goals and Accomplishments Take Time To Accomplish. “Man, we have so many goals that we would like to accomplish it just takes time.” -Daren Girdner of Never In Wonderland