Yes, it’s true. I am addicted to Angry Birds. I guess the first step is admitting it, right? In all honesty, I’ve finished the game but the problem now is that I am trying (with much difficulty) to get triple stars for each level. I know, it’s a little OCDish, but what’s a guy to do while waiting for Angry Birds 2 to come out?
And just to prove to you that my Angry Birds quest is real, here are screenshots from worlds 1 and 2. As you can see, all triple stars in both worlds! Who’s boss? I’m boss. Now, how about the other 13?!
Of course, the T-Shirt connoisseurs at NerdyShirts know that millions of people share my addiction. What to do? Sell Angry Birds shirts of course! The Angry Birds shirts are available now at NerdyShirts for $23.95 a piece.
I’m pretty sure that I learned how to do this sometime during the 2nd grade. Yes, immaturity begins to set in at around that time. And of course, the fascinations boys have with boobs start much earlier than you ladies think. In fact, I remember there being an entire formula of pluses and minuses, complete with a full story. And when you hit the equal sign, you’d get …. BOOBLESS (spelled out in upside down digits). But alas, I can’t remember the exact story that I used to tell when showing off the BOOBLESS trick.
There once was a girl with 69 boobs. (Type 69 into the calculator.)
She had too, too, too many. (Type 2 three times.)
She went to 51 St. to see Dr X. (Type 51 and a times sign.)
He gave her 8 operations. (Type eight and the equals sign.)
And in the end she was boobless. (Turn the calculator upside down it should read, Boobless.)
The latest tee from NerdyShirts reminded me of this nifty trick. And although the calculator on this tee spells out BOOBIES instead of BOOBLESS, it’s still hilariously awesome. Buy one now from NerdyShirts for $19.95.
When Experimental Jetset created their “John & Paul & Ringo & George” for the Japanese label 2K/Gingham I would bet money that they probably did not think it would become the cultural icon that it did. “John & Paul & Ringo & George” has been parodied over and over and over again. Or should I say, Over & Over & Over again.Â NerdyShirts now adds to the list of brands and individuals capitalizing on the success of Experiment Jetset’s typographic idea. Pick up all four of these shirts for $19.97 a piece and score free shipping. Place your order before this Friday (12/18/2009) to make sure you receive it before Christmas!
What’s awesome about the first NerdyShirts NerdyShort is not necessarily the short itself, but the fact that it was shot entirely on an iPhone 3G S! How cool is that! I’m a fan of compact video making so I cannot wait to pick up and try out the new iPhone 3G S video features. My only wish was that it could shoot in HD ala the Flip Mino HD. Maybe in the next iteration? Maybe.Â
And finally from NerdyShirts I’ve got their newest tee, it’s called Who Writes This Stuff and is based on a shirt from the new Adam Sandler/Judd Apatow flick, Funny People. If you were this shirt I guarantee it will strike up conversation. Whether you want that or not, well, you decide! It’s available for presale now at NerdyShirts for $14.95. Â
NerdyShirts really knows how to capitalize on pop culture! Bruno has been out just a few days in theaters and already they’ve got a tee out! I knew someone would come out with this shirt when I saw the movie last Friday but I didn’t know that it would be this quick!Â
The shirt, titled GayBy, is from one of the funniest scenes in the film. Bruno is a guest on The Richard Bey Show, a talk show whose whose audience is 100% black. He then proceeds to bring out his little one dressed up in a miniature version of this shirt. Sacha Baron Cohen is definitely going to hell. Bloody, bloody comedic hell!Â
You can pick up GayBy from NerdyShirts for $14.95 today.
Next up is BrÃ¼noâ€™s guest appearance on The Richard Bey Show (think low-rent Jerry Springer) as a single parent in search of a mate. The crowd of mostly black audience members accepts his entrance with applause, but he starts to lose them almost immediately with the revelation that heâ€™s looking for a black man to be his partner. Things go downhill from there as his adopted African baby is brought out wearing a half-shirt with the word â€œGaybyâ€ on it. And then photos appear on screens in front of the audience including pictures of the child crucified like Christ and hanging out in a hot tub with four naked, adult menâ€¦
Check out a clip of the scene on YouTube (sorry, they turned off embed for this video and I am not sure why).
I’ve never played Halo. Yeah, I’m not much of a gamer. Despite that, I can still appreciate this lovely shirt from our friends at NerdyShirts. For those of you so incline, check out the this older post for a little video and even more tea bagging inspired shirts!
Were you one of the 80′s kids that was excited for the release of Ghostbusters: The Video Game last week? If so, this tee just might be for you! It’s called BooBusters and it’s availablenow from NerdyShirts for $19.95.Â
They also have a bunch of others tees on sale starting at $8.95 and Â if that weren’t enough, NerdyShirts is having a site wide 10% off everything sale! Here are 3 suggestions from me to Â you:
Nintendo recently previewed their latest blockbuster game at the E3 2009 conference and my goodness am I excited! They have been releasing so much retro NES goodness for the Wii as of late that I’m not sure if I can take it. First, Punch Out and now, New Super Mario Bros. in all it’s 2D side scrolling goodness. I am so excited to play this game especially since it offers multi-player beyond just Mario and Luigi. I’ve never been so excited for coins in my life. Cha-Ching!
And to commemorate this momentous occasion I have here 10 unique Super Mario Bros. inspired tees and a hoodie to boot. All of these are available for purchase with the exception of Super Mario Skull.Â
1. Game Over by Fuzzy Ink. First up, we have Game Over from our buddies over at Fuzzy Ink. This is one of the more fantastical of the Mario tees here as it features our favorite characters all grown up and elderly! Maximum cuteness factor indeed. This Jublin designed tee is available on a Grass colored American Apparel tees and can be purchased for $18.95. Use the coupon code “Hawaii” for 10% off your order!
2. Super Mario Bros. Sushi by thickblackoutline. This tee by thickblackoutline really made me realize just how good Super Mario Bros. would taste as sushi. Okay, that might have come out wrong. Nonetheless, it’s a great shirt and available now at Red Bubble for $28.83.Â
3 and 4. Mario Block and Mario Frog Suit by Nerdy Shirts. Nerdy Shirts really has some love for our favorite Italian. They have a bunch of Mario inspired tees available and here are two of them:Â Mario BlockÂ and Mario Frog Suit. Mario Block reminds us of how simple and fun B-bit gameplay really was. Mario Frog Suit reminds me of Super Mario Land for the original Game Boy (remember the level that you had to swim and kill that huge octopus/huge fish boss).
5. Magic Mushrooms by Ian Summers. It’s no surprise that Magic Mushrooms by Ian Summers made my list of favorite Mario inspired tees. After all, it was my Threadless Pick of the Week in Coty Loves Threadless Episode #15. They are running low in stock really fast on this tee over at Threadless so if you want it I suggest you go and pick it up now. I was able to secure a guys size large (there were only 2 left when I did).Â
6. I Sneak Down Pipes by Euan Gallacher.I Sneak Down The Pipes was conceived by the Tee Doctor, Euan Gallacher, a Scotland based T-Shirt prescriber! It’s a clever play on the much used I Heart NY tee. I Sneak Down Pipes is available from MySoti for $17.72 and is printed on a white Alstyle tee.Â
7. da Vinci’s Mario by Kevin Tong. Artist Kevin Tong designed this masterpiece, titled da Vinci’s Mario and inspired by Leonardo da Vinci’s famous Views of a Fetus in the Womb.Â This three color design is printed on an American Apparel blank and is available for $20.Â
8. Warrior Plumbers by Dr. McNinja. Have you ever wondered what Mario, Luigi and the rest of the Super Mario Bros. gang would like in real life? Wonder no more because Warrior Plumbers by Dr. McNinja answers that very question. Warrior Pumbers is printed on Hanes Beefy Tees and is available for $19.75 from TopatoCo.Â
9. Super Mario Skull by MisNopalesArt. This Super Mario Skull tee from Etsy is just a tad bit disturbing. Just a tad. Our favorite plumber in skull form and in the raccoon suit to boot! What is wrong with this picture! This tee is unfortunately no longer available for sale.Â
10. Video Game Shirt by Stay Up. If video games are your religion then this is the tee for you. And right square in the middle of that 8-Bit cross is non-other than 8-Bit Mario. Pick up this tee from Stay Up in either a white or tan colorway.Â
Enclothe MarioFlague. And for the finale, I have this epic Enclothe MarioFlague zip up hoodie! Talk about attention to detail and a sure conversation starter. It’s a fully custom designed hoodie that features and inside breast iPod pocket, metal mushroom zipper pull, quick action cuff thumb hole, and an extra spacious 3 panel hood. This item can be your for $65.Â
I’m always on the hunt for a great Super Mario Bros. inspired tee. If you know of one that’s not on this list then let me know and maybe it’ll make the next wrap up!