The social media Gods have taken over Austin, Texas, as part of the annual SXSW Interactive Festival. And wherever the geeks are you are sure to find cool T-Shirts. Let’s get one thing straight, if you’re at SXSW, I am jealous of you. In any case, I thought that I would track the T-Shirt sightings over at SXSW during the next few days.
I should note that most of these tees will be of a bit different from those that you are used to seeing on this site. You’ll probably see a lot of tees sporting the logos of startups or established tech brands. I lust for logo tees so these are just up my alley!
Some things to note:
1. I will be tracking tees during the Interactive Session (March 12 – 16). Depending on how things goes, I might do this series of posts throughout the entire festival. We shall see!
2. If you’re a startup and you see your T-Shirt here then please note that I want it! If you’ve got an extra Men’s Large send one my way and I’ll be sure to review not only your tee but your service/website on this blog! Should be fun.
3. If you’re at SXSW, 1. I am jealous and 2. Be on the lookout for cool tees that you spot and send them my way!
*All photos belong to their respective owners.
Day 1 SXSW T-Shirt Sightings:
2. Under Pressure Screen Printing, photo by KXAN. Under Pressure Screen Printing doing their thing at the Ustream Breakthrough Party. The event featured performances by the band Gym Class Heroes with Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy hosting the festivities. Visit Under Pressure Screen Printing and Ustream.
3. Jon Carroll of Gowalla, photo by hawaii. Jon Carroll of Gowalla sits down for a chat over some Mexican Coke and Gowalla swag at Juan Pelota Cafe at Mellow Johnny’s Bike Shop. Visit Gowalla and the Hawaii Weblog.
4. The Startup Bus, photos by dekrazee1. The Startup Bus is the brainchild of Elias Bizannes, an Australian now living in America. The original concept was for 12 strangers to board a bus in San Francisco â€“ and at 60 miles an hour and over 48 hours â€“ they were to conceive, build and launch 3 tech startups in time for a SxSW party in Austin. BTW, looks like Storenvy is one of the sponsors – cool!Â Visit The Startup Bus.
5. Other Inbox, photo by dekrazee1. OtherInbox, Inc. is an Austin-based company that builds technology to automatically organize emails from online shopping and social networking sites. This puts consumers in control but also creates unique opportunities for improving the relevance and targeting of email marketing. Visit OtherInBox.
6. No More Servers (Rackspace Hosting), photo byÂ Scott Beale / Laughing Squid. Rackspace Hosting plans to unleash their next big reveal that will “revolutionize the music industry and their artists’ experience.” The Rackspace Revolution Rock Party is set for March 15 at SXSW.Visit Rackspace Hosting and Laughing Squid.
7. Fork You, photo by Scott Beale / Laughing Squid. Here’s Charlie O’Donnell from First Round Capitol, a venture capitol firm , sporting a cool Fork You Shirt. Buy Fork You from RubyRags. Visit First Round Capitol and Laughing Squid.