Heading South For The Winter is the newest tee from Uneetee.com and the most recent $1500 contest winner. The artist, againstbound, recently mentioned that he submitted this design to Uneetee last October, yeah, as in october 2008! What an awesome surprise it must have been to have won so many months later. You can pick up Heading South For Winter from Uneetee.com for just $12.
Uneetee.com is having a special $5 Mystery Giveaway sale. It’s a giveaway, yet it costs $5? You might be wondering what the deal is. So basically, you purchase a $5 Uneetee.com giftcard and you are guaranteed to receive a minimum of $6, but you also get the chance of receiving a $15, $50, or $100 giftcard (hence the mystery part).Â
I’ve never purchased anything from Unetee before. Maybe I’ll give this shot! Maybe I’ll get lucky Â
This is an interesting promotion from the guys over at Uneetee. They are offering a two for one special on their latest design, Old School Dance by fistofartist. Right now, when you purchase Old School Dance you will be sent two shirts in different colorways (gray and red) for just $17. That’s pretty rad. You can keep one for yourself and give the other away or, even better, keep both of them for yourself! But remember, sharing is caring. If you’d like to mix the size or gender then you need to contact the people at Uneetee when you place your order.
Thye’ve also got a few more promotions going on. You can save off your order by using the coupon codes UGRAD10 or DAD10 at checkout. But, if you want to save even more then use the coupon code SUMMERTEE for a whopping 15% off your order. Awesome.
Tee Magnet is a great new site and a true asset to the shirt loving community. If you’re into the daily shirt sites then Tee Magnet should be part of your daily routine. Forget about visiting each of these site individually because Tee Magnet features all of the daily tee sites on one page, including, Tee Fury, Shirt.Woot, Teextile, Design By Humans, Uneetee and Shirt A Day. They even include a little ticker so that you know exactly how much time is left before the design is gone forever! Awesome and highly recommended!
Chimps are amazing animals. This tee reminds of the semester I spent in an Animal Learning class watching videos of chimps doing amazing things. See below an example of a chimp participating in an experiment of short term memory and then a human male repeating the same experiment. It’s amazing, trust me.
One Smart Monkey is a new tee from Uneetee and it features an anthropomorphic chimpanzee decked out in a long sleeve tee and spectacles. This tee is printed on an American Apparel tee and is available for $19.99. It’s available in limited quantities and sizes so act fast!
With all of the trash that we humans have accumulated during our time on this earth try and imagine what it would be like if the trash actually fought back. It would be crazy! The smell of the trash itself might be enough to do us in. The moral of the story – use biodegradable goods and reduce the amount of trash that you make.Â
Trash Attacks by Sven Palmowski akaÂ a.mar.illo is available now for purchase from Uneetee for $19. It was the weekly design winner at Uneetee and amar.illo earned $1500 for the design. Think you’ve got the champs to win the next Uneetee design contest then check out the officials entry rules here.Â
Congratulations to AJ Dimarucot, better know in the indie tee world as CollisionTheory for winning the 2009Â UneeteeÂ Kick Off Design Contest! He won $3,000 from this contest, to add to his growing list of contest winnings. You might remember that last September he won $10,000 in the Design By Humans contest. One has to ask, what’s next? Maybe a Threadless Bestee Award?Â
Are you a budding t-shirt designer? If so then you are probably trying to find ways to promote your designs and ultimately have them printed. Traditionalist would probably argue that the best way to get your tee design printed is to, well, print it yourself. This can be a time consuming and expensive process. Lucky for us we are a part of the interactive age of Web 2.0 where things can get done faster and easier.
Here I talk about 5 popular and ongoing t-shirt design contests. This can be a great way for indie designers to get their feet wet in the tee business. And even if you submit a tee design to one of these communities and your design does not get selected for print, you will still probably get valuable community feedback on your design. On the other hand, if your designs do get selected then get ready for a nice pay day!
Each of these sites have different rules and guidelines so be sure to read them before you submit your designs. Some of these sites retain exclusive rights to submitted designs whereas other sites allow the artists to retain exclusive rights.
1. Threadless. How it Works: The competition here is tough and the voting and comments during the selection process is brutal, but, if your design is selected you’ll be part of an elite group of Threadless approved t-shirt designers! Shirts chosen for print will be produced in limited amounts, once the print has sold out, it will not be offered for sale unless is is chosen for reprint (not all designs are reprinted).Â Selection Process: Submitted designs are posted on Threadless and users vote for their favorite designs. Threadless staff then go through the top designs and select which are to be printed. Rights:Â If your design is submitted and chosen to be printed as a Threadless then Threadless assumes exclusives rights to the design.Â Pay Day: $2000 in cash and a $500 Threadless gift certificate for each design chosen to be printed. Plus, you get $500 each time your tee design is reprinted. And finally if you’re tee is chosen for print you have a chance at winning up to $10,000 in the yearly Threadless “Bestee” Awards. Official Rules.
2. TeeFury. How it Works: TeeFury members are able to submit designs directly to TeeFury for consideration. When submitting your design they also suggest that you submit a link to your portfolio or website or anything that provides examples of your work. Shirts that are chosen are showcased on TeeFury for just 24 hours. Selection Process: Designs are selected by the TeeFury staff. Rights: The artists retains all rights to their designs and can do what they want with their designs after the shirt spends its time (max of 24 hours) on TeeFury. Pay Day: Artists are paid $1 for each shirt sold within the 24 hour period. Official Rules.Â
3. Shirt.Woot. How it Works: You can submit your designs to Shirt.Woot directly here or you can enter the weekly Shirt.Woot Derby. Every Thursday new Derby themes are announced and the following Friday submissions are accepted. Selection Process: The three most popular designs as voted by Shirt.Woot users get chosen to be printed and sold to the world! Designs submitted directly to Shirt.Woot are selected by the Shirt.Woot staff for print.Â Rights: Shirt.Woot retains 60 day exclusiveÂ (cannot submit to other contests or produce commercially)Â rights for all art design submissions. Shirt.Woot retains a 180 days exclusive rights for all Best of Derby Nominated shirts. If with thin the 60 or 180 time span the shirt is not chosen for print the then Shirt.Woot waives exclusive rights, meaning the artist can do what he likes with the design. Shirt.Woot has exclusive perpetual rights to your design if it is chosen to be produced.Â Pay Day: $1000 per winning design and $2 per shirt sold after the first day of sale. Official Rules.Â
4. Uneetee. How it Works:Â Artists submit t-shirt designs and if selected the tees are offered at Uneetee on a limited run basis. Selection Process:Â Unetee users vote for their favorite designs. Design stays up for voting for a a max of 21 days. Designs with the highest scores have an increased chance of being selected by Uneetee staff as the shirt of the week. Rights: Uneetee get exclusive rights to the design if the shirt is chosen. The designer cannot reproduce the winning design for commercial purposes. Pay Day: $750 ($750 guaranteed cash and $750 guaranteed commissions). If you sell more than the guaranteed run of 375 shirts than you can earn more than $750 commission (royalties are $2 per shirt).Â Official Rules.Â
5. Design by Humans. How it Works:Â Designers submit art, this can be traditionalÂ paintings, illustrations, sketches, vector art, photoshop art, or however you like to design). If submitting traditional art then you must digitize your design (snap a pic of it). Design should be formatted and submitted either as a GIF, JPG, or PNG. Once your design is ready you submit it here. Selection Process:Â Design by Humans users vote for their favorite designs and designs with the most votes are chosen for print. Five shirt of the day winners are chosen each week ($750). Of the five shirt of the day winners, one shirt is chosen as shirt of the week ($1000). Each month, one of the shirt of the week winners is chosen as short of the month ($1750). Plus, designers get paid based on how many shirts they sell (1000 shirts = $500 up to 10,000 shirts = $5000). Rights: After 60 days of submitting designs artists are then free to o what they like with their designs. If your design is selected for print then DBH retains exclusive rights. Â Pay Day:Â Up to $3500 plus residuals. Rights.Â Official Rules.