On a scale of 0 to 100, with o being radless to 100 being amazingly rad, this Threadless T-Shirt to Lego build conversion by Alex Eylar scores an astounding 100 on my radness scale. Alex took the recently released, Tetris themed T-Shirt, and “rebuilt” it using some oversized Lego’s. Alex originally posted the photo over on his Flickr page.
And here is the original Threadless T-Shirt, Let The Game Continue by Eduardo San Gil. Interstingly, the shirt which was just released last week Monday is no longer found in the Threadless catalog. And trying to access the direct link to the T-Shirt leads you right back to the Threadless catalog. Was the T-Shirt taken down because Nintendo complained? I wonder.
Posted on 19 July '10 by Coty, under T-Shirts. 1 Comment.
Our friends over at Made With Awesome just released a brand spanking new tee that is perfect for people who aspired to be plumbers based solely on their experiences with Super Mario Bros. You see, Super Mario Bros. changed everything in 1985 when it came to the plumbing industry. Super Mario Bros. was a game changer. It made plumbing exciting and almost James Bond like. As a plumber, you jumped through pipes, beat up the bad guys, smashed a few turtles along the way and then get the girl in the end. Super Mario Bros. made plumbing awesome!
But as with other things in real life, plumbing was not all it was made out to be. After the release of the original Super Mario Bros. for the NES was released, a number of eager kids aspired and eventually became full-fledged plumbers. Needless to say, there was to be no pipe jumping, no beating up the bad guys, no run in with turtles and unfortunately, plumbers never got the girl in the end.
And so the lives of these ordinary plumbers carried on. They’d fix broken pipes, but not do much else. For many children turned adults, the plumbing industry was a big fat lie. And to bring this sham to the attention of the masses, Made With Awesome delivers their very straight forward Video Games Lied To Me About The Adventurous Lives of Plumbers. Because sometimes, you just need to draw a line. This is Made With Awesome drawing a big fat line. You can buy it now from Made With Awesome for just $22.
And P.S., if you enjoyed this shirt then it is a necessity that you check out this list of 101 Nintendo T-Shirts.
Posted on 20 April '10 by Coty, under T-Shirts. No Comments.
To say that the Nintendo Entertainment System was a part of my childhood is quite an understatement. The original NES was in fact a big part of my childhood. I recall countless hours playing Super Mario Bros., Mike Tyson’s Punch-Out!!, Rad Racer, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, just to name a few of my favorite titles. I remember leaving the NES on overnight just so that I could save my place in in a particular game and continue playing the next day. I remember vigorously blowing into cartridges to kick start them back to life. I remember the countless hours of fun that I had with my NES.
This list is built on that childhood love that I had for Nintendo. To this day, you can still catch me playing with the Nintendo Wii or my DS. The only difference now is that I can look good (and so can you) in Nintendo gear while I am gaming out. Enjoy the list!
I’d love to hear which one of these are your favorites and whether or not you own any of these tees! And if you know of a NINTENDO related shirt not on this list then please tell me about it. Leave a comment below in the comments section and let me know!
If you enjoyed this post then please, please, please, tell your friends about it! A simple Tweet or post on your Facebook page will help to get the word out, and a link back on your blog would be greatly appreciated!
1. The Plumbers Wardrobe by Split Reason, $18.95. Plumbing is serious business; you need to dress for success. The Amphibian suit is useful for underwater jobs, The raccoon suit for those hard to reach toilets in the clouds, and a doctor’s outfit is always nice to have on hand for… umm… we’ll let you use your imagination.
2. Life of the Party by SnorgTees, $19.95.
3. 8-Bit Blues by Jacques Maes (Threadless), $18.
4. Classically Trained by 80′s Tees, $20.
5. Die Hard by Busted Tees, $20.
6. Let’s Rock Mega Man by 80sTees, $22.
7. Tetris Skyline by Reece Ward (RedBubble), $24.14.
8. This Is Why I’m Hot by SnorgTees, $19.95.
9. NES Controller by Shirt City, $22.95.
10. Game Over by Fuzzy Ink, $21. Wrinkled Koopa and his troopas are still misbehavin’, Piranhas poppin’ meds and an arthritic Princess needs savin’, with Yoshi underground and Luigi set on mute, it’s Mario’s time to shine in a weathered raccoon suit.
Posted on 12 April '10 by Coty, under Lists, T-Shirts. 55 Comments.
In theory, Coexiist from ThinkGeek.com should be the ultimate T-Shirt for gaming geeks. That’s in theory. In my eyes, simply slapping on components of 8 different gaming brands and logos makes this shirt look like one hot mess. You know why gaming consoles cannot coexist? It’s because the good stuff thrive and the bad stuff, well, they disappear quicker than you can say Apple Pippen.
Posted on 21 December '09 by Coty, under T-Shirts. No Comments.
Nintendo recently previewed their latest blockbuster game at the E3 2009 conference and my goodness am I excited! They have been releasing so much retro NES goodness for the Wii as of late that I’m not sure if I can take it. First, Punch Out and now, New Super Mario Bros. in all it’s 2D side scrolling goodness. I am so excited to play this game especially since it offers multi-player beyond just Mario and Luigi. I’ve never been so excited for coins in my life. Cha-Ching!
And to commemorate this momentous occasion I have here 10 unique Super Mario Bros. inspired tees and a hoodie to boot. All of these are available for purchase with the exception of Super Mario Skull.Â
1. Game Over by Fuzzy Ink. First up, we have Game Over from our buddies over at Fuzzy Ink. This is one of the more fantastical of the Mario tees here as it features our favorite characters all grown up and elderly! Maximum cuteness factor indeed. This Jublin designed tee is available on a Grass colored American Apparel tees and can be purchased for $18.95. Use the coupon code “Hawaii” for 10% off your order!
2. Super Mario Bros. Sushi by thickblackoutline. This tee by thickblackoutline really made me realize just how good Super Mario Bros. would taste as sushi. Okay, that might have come out wrong. Nonetheless, it’s a great shirt and available now at Red Bubble for $28.83.Â
3 and 4. Mario Block and Mario Frog Suit by Nerdy Shirts. Nerdy Shirts really has some love for our favorite Italian. They have a bunch of Mario inspired tees available and here are two of them:Â Mario BlockÂ and Mario Frog Suit. Mario Block reminds us of how simple and fun B-bit gameplay really was. Mario Frog Suit reminds me of Super Mario Land for the original Game Boy (remember the level that you had to swim and kill that huge octopus/huge fish boss).
5. Magic Mushrooms by Ian Summers. It’s no surprise that Magic Mushrooms by Ian Summers made my list of favorite Mario inspired tees. After all, it was my Threadless Pick of the Week in Coty Loves Threadless Episode #15. They are running low in stock really fast on this tee over at Threadless so if you want it I suggest you go and pick it up now. I was able to secure a guys size large (there were only 2 left when I did).Â
6. I Sneak Down Pipes by Euan Gallacher. I Sneak Down The Pipes was conceived by the Tee Doctor, Euan Gallacher, a Scotland based T-Shirt prescriber! It’s a clever play on the much used I Heart NY tee. I Sneak Down Pipes is available from MySoti for $17.72 and is printed on a white Alstyle tee.Â
7. da Vinci’s Mario by Kevin Tong. Artist Kevin Tong designed this masterpiece, titled da Vinci’s Mario and inspired by Leonardo da Vinci’s famous Views of a Fetus in the Womb.Â This three color design is printed on an American Apparel blank and is available for $20.Â
8. Warrior Plumbers by Dr. McNinja. Have you ever wondered what Mario, Luigi and the rest of the Super Mario Bros. gang would like in real life? Wonder no more because Warrior Plumbers by Dr. McNinja answers that very question. Warrior Pumbers is printed on Hanes Beefy Tees and is available for $19.75 from TopatoCo.Â
9. Super Mario Skull by MisNopalesArt. This Super Mario Skull tee from Etsy is just a tad bit disturbing. Just a tad. Our favorite plumber in skull form and in the raccoon suit to boot! What is wrong with this picture! This tee is unfortunately no longer available for sale.Â
10. Video Game Shirt by Stay Up. If video games are your religion then this is the tee for you. And right square in the middle of that 8-Bit cross is non-other than 8-Bit Mario. Pick up this tee from Stay Up in either a white or tan colorway.Â
Enclothe MarioFlague. And for the finale, I have this epic Enclothe MarioFlague zip up hoodie! Talk about attention to detail and a sure conversation starter. It’s a fully custom designed hoodie that features and inside breast iPod pocket, metal mushroom zipper pull, quick action cuff thumb hole, and an extra spacious 3 panel hood. This item can be your for $65.Â
I’m always on the hunt for a great Super Mario Bros. inspired tee. If you know of one that’s not on this list then let me know and maybe it’ll make the next wrap up!
Posted on 15 June '09 by Coty, under T-Shirts. 2 Comments.
Posted on 19 May '09 by Coty, under T-Shirts. 2 Comments.